|DeviceAnywhere Enterprise for IBM Rational™
|Enterprises are increasingly looking to leverage their investments in ALM for mobile application testing. IBM Rational customers who deploy Rational Quality Manager have been looking for an option to extend their functional testing (regression) to mobile and gain the ability to trigger automated testing from their test case management suite.
Companies using IBM’s Rational Quality Manager (RQM) are looking to extend their testing to real mobile devices gain the advantage of being able to create comprehensive, end-to-end test cases that provide coverage to web, mobile web, and native projects.
Introducing Keynote’s DeviceAnywhere Enterprise for IBM Rational, an IBM-certified integration designed to extend real device testing capabilities to RQM leveraging Keynote’s market leading DeviceAnywhere platform in a seamless and secure manner.
| The integration provides test teams the ability to execute DeviceAnywhere test automation scripts from within RQM. Script details and options are available inside the standard RQM web interface, allowing the tester full control over the execution variables and desired tests. The enterprise utilizing a connector client access license. The adapter then listens for job requests from RQM.
Upon receiving a job request, the adapter wakes up and initiates a session with the DeviceAnywhere client API, performing the task or running the script specified against real mobile devices locally, or in the cloud. Upon job completion, all results, proofs, and attachments are passed back to RQM and its database, maintaining test result centralization and accessibility. The team can view the job status, results, and proofs within RQM where dynamic page extensions format the detailed results.
integration facilitates the posting of detailed results, proofs, and attachments, storing them within the RQM database and making them instantly shareable to RQM team members. RQM web extensions intuitively display the formatted results making it easy to review, verify, and file defects.
Screenshot of Script running all from within RQM
Screenshot of results from IBM's Rational Quality Manager
- Companies using RQM as their test management system can test their SW products on real mobile devices from within the Rational environment.
- All results (script steps, test pass/fail results) are tracked by RQM and available through the RQM interface.
- Test Case Maintenance & Execution Scheduling is centralized within RQM.
- Support complex test scenarios, such as Mobile-2-Web, and Web-2-Mobile.
- Automated testing using RQM.
- Support for all mobile devices (all manufacturers), OS’s and networks (3G, CDMA, etc).
- Centralized Testing Tool & Framework for all devices pertinent to a Keynote DeviceAnywhere deployment.
- Mobile test automation capabilities accessible from RQM (Rational Quality Manager) in order to manage testing in one central point.
- Online, real-time collaboration capabilities, which facilitates the replication of issues/bugs and speeds up fixes.
- Supports IBM Rational "Server Rename" capability.